We have partnered with Consolidated Credit since April 2016. The implementation went smoothly and the staff orientation was thorough. We particularly appreciate having speakers and financial coaches available for in-person events. The entire Consolidated Credit staff has been welcoming and supportive - they genuinely want to help our members succeed!
Consolidated Credit has been a true partner in providing resources and one on one counseling opportunities to assist our clients in better understanding and handling the financial challenges they face on a daily basis.
We sincerely believe the resources, experience, and expertise that Consolidated Credit shares either through on-site workshops, private consultations with a counselor, participation in our benefit fairs, educational booklets, budgeting tools as well as other avenues, has a positive impact.
KOFE, by Consolidated Credit, has been extremely proactive in providing timely financial literacy resources to our members via their website, seminars, webinars and marketing materials. This is crucial in a time when there is limited information available to educate our members and our community.
Credit Card Debt Statistics for American Households
- The total U.S. public debt is over $12 trillion as of April 2014
- 76% of American consumers are living paycheck-to-paycheck.
- 28% of Americans have more credit card debt today than they have in a savings fund.
- 1 in 10 consumers has more than 10 credit cards.
- Currently, the average credit card debt per U.S. household is $15,270, and in total, Americans owe $856.9 billion in credit card debt, based on American Household Credit Card Debt Statistics as of January 2014.
- $51 billion worth of fast food was charged to credit cards in 2006, compared to $33.2 billion the previous year.
- Roughly 2 – 2.5 million Americans seek the help of a credit counselor each year to avoid bankruptcy.
- 56% of Americans have no idea what their credit score is.
- Percent of families whose debt exceeds 40% of their income is 14.7%
- Only 35% of people have checked their credit within the past 12 months.